The C.A. six tips of the day for Feb. 29
In honor of baseball's spring training games officially starting this week, here's an interesting fact. On this day in 1972, the great Hank Aaron signed a three-year deal with the Atlanta Braves for $200,000 per year, making him the highest-paid player in Major League Baseball (MLB) at the time.
Today, the New York Yankees Alex Rodriguez holds that title – he makes $31 million a year. Conversely, the minimum salary of a MLB player is $414,000.
Here are six tips for the day –
1. Mark your calendars for this fun event in Shrewsbury, as noted in the Shrewsbury Public schools bulletin.
Shrewsbury High School (SHS) will be hosting the Mass. Drama Festival at Oak Middle School on Saturday, March 3 from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tickets can be purchased at the door for $10, which includes all eight plays. Some of the plays contain mature subject content/language and may not be appropriate for children under the age of 14. The snow date will be Sunday, March 4from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. SHS will be performing “Dancing at Lughnasa.” Food and beverages will be available for purchase.
2. It is amazing what you can do with a camera nowadays but sometimes it can also be just a little overwhelming. Why not check out this class in Northborough for some helpful pointers?
3. The Westborough Open Space Preservation Committee has extended the time period for the public to comment on a proposed Open Space plan until Monday, Mar. 5. Go here to comment and/or more information.
4. Wednesday can be a long day. If you are in Marlborough, don's stress about what to make for dinner tonight. Instead, stop by for a spaghetti dinner sponsored by the Marlborough Men's Fellowship.
5. Tomorrow is the deadline to register for the Arts Alliance Natural Wonder's Exhibit , which will be held at the Citizens Bank, 17 Pope St., Hudson, from March 6 through April 13.
6. Here's a wonderful story about a former Southborough woman who has made it her personal mission to help children in Kenya.
Short URL: http://communityadvocate.com/?p=18746