The C.A. six tips of the day for Sept. 25
Region – Today is Tuesday,? Sept. 25, the 269th? day of 2012.
It's been a sad, frustrating year for Red Sox fans but on this day in 1911, there was rejoicing as ground was broken for Fenway Park.
On this day in 1981, Sandra Day O’Connor became the first female to become an U.S. Supreme Court justice.
And on this day in 1789, the U.S. Congress passed twelve amendments to the United States Constitution, including the ten that represent the Bill of Rights.
Happy birthday to – actor Will Smith (1968), actress Catherine Zeta-Jones 91969) and her husband, actor Michael Douglas (1944).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. Tony Funches, the former lead vocalist for the Platters, will be performing at the Southborough Senior Center tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 26.
2. With the West Nile virus and Eastern Equine Encephalitis in the news so much nowadays, UMass Memorial has posted this helpful video of Dr. Sharone Green answering questions about these two dangerous diseases.
3. If you are like many of us, you probably have a few bottles of prescription meds in your home that you don's need anymore. On Saturday, Sept. 29, the Shrewsbury Board of Health and Shrewsbury Police Department are offering a free event, “Taking Back Unwanted Prescription Drugs.” This event is open to the general public.
4. There's still time for members of the Northborough-Southborough educational community to participate in a Strategic Planning survey. For more information -
5. A program on the country's First Ladies will be presented by the Shrewsbury Historical Society tomorrow, Wednesday, Sept. 26.
6. Is there an issue in your town that interests you or you just wish you could change? Chances are there is a committee already set up with residents who are thinking just like you! Check your town's official website – here for example, is a link to Westborough's home page.
Short URL: http://communityadvocate.com/?p=26610