The C.A. six tips of the day for Oct. 10
Region – Today is Wednesday, Oct. 10, the 284th day of 2012.
On this day in 2004, actor Christopher Reeve, who courageously fought for funds for spinal cord research after his own devastating accident left him paralyzed, died. Reeve was only 52.
On this day in 1973, Spiro Agnew, the vice president of the United States, resigned after being charged with federal income tax evasion.
And on this day in 1845, the United States Naval Academy opened in Annapolis, Maryland.
Born on this day – the late jazz musician Thelonious Monk (1917); Former Van Halen lead singer David Lee Roth (1954) and NASCAR superstar Dale Earnhardt Jr.? (1974)
Here are six tips for the day ?
1. Southborough celebrated Heritage Day this past weekend. Here are some great pictures from the event -
2. Northborough families had a blast at the Northborough Recreation's Seventh Annual Build-a-Scarecrow Day in Assabet Park Saturday, Oct. 6.
3. Fiddle virtuoso Richard Wood, together with singer/guitarist Gordon Belsher, will perform Friday, Oct. 12, at 7:30 p.m., the United Brethren (Masonic) Lodge in Marlborough.
4. The Westborough Advisory Finance Committee has released its recommendations for the Monday, Oct. 15 Special Town Meeting.
5. The Marlborough Board of Health will be holding a City-Wide Flu Clinic on Saturday, Oct. 20 at the Richer School, 80 Foley Road, from 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
6. The Town of Hudson's Community Preservation Committee is now accepting applications for funding under the Community Preservation Act and the guidelines stated in the Community Preservation Plan.
Short URL: http://communityadvocate.com/?p=27170