The C.A. six tips of the day for Nov. 27
Region – Today is Tuesday, Nov. 27, the 332nd day of 2012.
On this day in 1703, a super storm that had hovered over England for two weeks finally dissipated. Between 10,000 and 30,000 people died and hundreds of Royal Navy ships were destroyed by the time the storm ended.
On this day in 2005, a French woman, Isabelle Dinoire, received the first partial human face transplant.
And on this day in 1924, the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade was held.
Today's birthdays – the late Bruce Lee (1940); the late Jim Hendrix (1942) and actor Jaleel White, best known for his role as Steve Urkel (1976).
Here are six tips for the day -
1.? Here's a wonderful tweet, courtesy of the Mass. State Police – We are most thankful for this: We can report there were no fatal motor vehicle crashes in Massachusetts during the holiday weekend.
2. Marlborough residents may be interested to know that the city's Assessors” Office was granted authorization to disclose proposed fiscal year 2013 assessed valuations pending approval by the Massachusetts Department of Revenue. Taxpayers may view the proposed assessments outside the Assessor's office at City Hall, and at the public library up until Thursday, Nov. 29. For more information:
3. A WIN (Work Initiative Network) workshop will be held Wednesday, Nov. 28, at 6:30 p.m., at the Shrewsbury Public Library. Seasoned HR professional Nancy Dube will show you how you can customize your resume to address the obstacles you are facing in your job search.
4. The Southborough Planning Board will discuss Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC) documents it has received at its Wednesday, Nov. 28 meeting.
5. A ServSafe? Food Protection Manager Certification Class will be held at Southgate at Shrewsbury in December. Check here for details:
6. On Wednesday, Nov. 28, the Friends of the Marlborough Public Library will be hosting an ?interactive presentation on John F. Kennedy by Mike Lowe.
Short URL: http://communityadvocate.com/?p=28847