The C.A. six tips of the day for Dec. 4
Region – Today is Tuesday, Dec. 4, the 339th day of 2012.
On this day in 1991, journalist Terry A. Anderson was released after seven years in captivity as a hostage in Beirut. He chronicled his story in the best-selling memoir, “Den of Lions.”
Also on this day in 1991, the airline Pan Am officially declared bankruptcy and ceased operations.
And on this day in 1980, one of the greatest rock bands of all time, Led Zeppelin officially disbanded, nearly three months after the death of their drummer, John Bonham.
Today's birthdays – Jay-Z (1969); Tyra Banks (1973); and the late Dennis Wilson (1944).
Here are six tips for the day -
1. The Friends of the Marlborough Public Library will present the “Saxophones under the Tree,” the ?second concert of the 2012-2013 “Yacyshyn Concert Series Wednesday, Dec. 5, at 7 p.m.
2. The Oak Middle School in Shrewsbury will be holding the Combined Middle School PTO Shopping Night Thursday, Dec. 6, from 6 to 8:30 p.m. The event is free and open to the general public.
3. The 23nd Evening of Giving, in support of Roland's House, the Marlborough-Hudson homeless shelter, will be held Thursday, Dec. 6 at the Best Western Royal Plaza Hotel in Marlborough.
4. The Northborough Fire Department is serving as a drop-off location this year for the United States Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots collection. ?program.
5. The annual Photography Exhibit sponsored by the Arts Alliance and the Assabet Valley Camera Club is on currently on view through Jan. 11, 2013, at the Citizens Bank, 17 Pope St., Hudson, ?during regular banking hours. The Photography Exhibit features 32 talented photographers from 10 towns and displays 57 pieces of photography.
6. ?St. Mary's Church of Grafton is asking residents of Grafton, Northborough and Westborough to participate in its “Bikes going to Africa” ?bicycle collection. For more information go to -
Short URL: http://communityadvocate.com/?p=29079