June 23rd, 2013
Westborough – The Westborough Fourth of July Planning Committee will hold its annual Family Block Party Friday, June 28, from 6-10 p.m. on W. Main Street from the rotary to Church Street. The event will feature music by the local band, “The Reminisants,” and the Westborough Community Band. Children's events feature a moon bounce, dunk [...]
April 7th, 2012
Hudson – The photo of this stadium was taken at 120 Chapin Road in Hudson. The space where this outdoor arena, the Morgan Bowl, stands at Riverside Park was once used for horseracing. That's according to information published in the book, “Hudson's Heritage,”
March 9th, 2012
Westborough – The photo of this brick and stone chapel was taken at 106 South St. in Westborough on the grounds of Pine Grove Cemetery. According to historical information posted on the town of Westborough Cemetery Division's website, the chapel was donated in memory of Jonas A. Stone
March 3rd, 2012
Southborough – The photo of this shingled domicile was taken at 28 Main St. in Southborough. Once a maternity hospital, the site became a Community House for the Southborough Village Society in 1922 when Charles F. Choate
February 13th, 2012
Shrewsbury – The photo of this little brick place was taken at the corner of Old Mill Road and Main Street in Shrewsbury. According to the “Town of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts 1727-1977 Two Hundred Fiftieth Anniversary Official Souvenir Program,”
February 5th, 2012
Northborough — The photo of this caged structure was taken at 314 Southwest Cutoff in Northborough. As recently as last fall, the site was used by the town of Northborough as the town's kennel facility. The town used to share the rental expense of the privately owned property with the town of Westborough. Claudia McGuire,
January 21st, 2012
Marlborough – The photo of this Greek Revival-style home was taken at 74 Main St. in Marlborough. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places since 1984 as the John Cotting House, the structure now houses law offices and was once the meeting spot for the Knights of Columbus.
January 14th, 2012
Hudson – The photo of this fountain was taken beside the Our Lady of Fatima Portuguese Club Chapel on Port Street in Hudson. A memorial stone near the fountain reads: “In Honor of Peter Francisco 1760-1831 And All Luso-Americans [Americans descended from Lusitanians or the Portuguese] Who Have Fought For This Nation.”
January 1st, 2012
Southborough – The photo of this brick structure was taken at 19 Main St. in Southborough. This building opened its doors in March 1930 and served as Peters Annex for lower school grades through June 1970. That's according to the book, “Old Southborough A Photographic Essay Southborough Historical Society 1981.” On May 1 the following year, per this source, the building became quarters for the Southborough Police Station.
December 11th, 2011
By Lori Berkey Do you know where this picture was taken? See if you can identify it and then, for a chance to be entered into a raffle prize pool, e-mail your answer to: email@example.com.